Re: [dev-serveez] SO_BINDTODEVICE investigations

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] SO_BINDTODEVICE investigations
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 22:33:07 +0100 (CET)

Dear Serveez'ers,

despite my last email about this issue I introduced the `device' keyword
for network port configurations.  I give it try because my linux box notes
a listener for the port I bind the SO_BINDTODEVICE control.

Even though I can see this I am unable to connect to the port.  Maybe it
is necessary to connect through the hardware - not just the interface -
that is why I would like you to test it.  I do not have two machines here.

You can simply put

(define-port! 'my-port '((proto . tcp)
                         (port  . 2001)
                         (ipaddr . eth0) ;; can be omitted...
                         (device . eth0) ;; <- this in new
                         ))

into your configuration file and bind a server to it, e.g

(define-server! 'control-server)
(bind-server! 'my-port 'control-server)

Thanks in advance,
        address@hidden