[dev-serveez] how to run scheme tests?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: [dev-serveez] how to run scheme tests?
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:47:48 +0100

I see in the subdir test/ the files:

  binary-test.scm
  guile-server-test.scm
  server-test.scm
  test-suite.scm

and in test/ChangeLog the 2003-05-31 entry:

  * test-suite.scm (resolve-serveez-api): In Guile 1.6.x a post
  versions the serveez API seems to be outside the scope of extra
  Guile modules.  That is why we need some importing code.  Needs
  to be fixed yet...

(among others).  It seems these tests were distributed but never
part of the Makefile.am variable ‘TESTS’.  So, my questions are:

- How were these tests working (run/checked) before the "needs to
  be fixed yet" point in time (mid-2003)?  If "manually", could
  someone please describe the steps to be taken to run a test?

- Does the file data/PLATFORMS imply "make check" passing?  If
  not, is there such a table for "make check" passing somewhere?