Re: [dev-serveez] configure bug in serveez next

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] configure bug in serveez next
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:35:50 +0200

() Mike Gran <address@hidden>
() Sat, 13 Aug 2011 10:01:27 -0700 (PDT)

   To get the latest serveez to build, I had to apply the following patch

Thanks for the patch.  I see it solves the out-of-order problem by
moving the upstream (headers checks) more up.  I think the following:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/serveez.git/commit/?h=next&id=75f2419c5

which moves the downstream (automake conditionals) more down, should
also work.  For me, this is preferable because it preserves the overall
configure.ac layout (info "(autoconf) Autoconf Input Layout").

This (placement) is also more robust in the face of future changes;
maybe some day Someone will discover that "checks for librararies"
is not really the best place for zlib and bzlib probing, after all...