dfey-general-discuss

Re: [Dfey-general-discuss] Techcrunch fires teen intern...

From: Paul Sutton
Subject: Re: [Dfey-general-discuss] Techcrunch fires teen intern...
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:53:49 +0000

Tim Dobson wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> So Techcrunch's only teen intern has been fired for accepting bribes (in
> the form of computers) for writing about startups.
>
> http://techcrunch.com/2010/02/04/an-apology-to-our-readers/
> http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/25/rocketbox-email-search-apple/
> google cache of previous link: http://ur1.ca/lz5p
>
> http://www.danielbru.com/2010/02/the-line-was-crossed/

A taste of the real world, early on can't do anyone any harm, its about
the  whole company, one person does something like this and it looks
bad, very bad on everyone.

Integrity is very important, just look at the damage that has been done
to Toyota.

Once it's done getting back your old reputation may never happen or is
very very difficult.
> ---
>
> Thoughts anyone?
>
> ---
>
> Personally, I can't stress how much I think honesty and integrity are
> important in a digital world.

I agree,
> It's the only thing you can use to distinguish yourself from the hoards
> of people out there to make a quick buck.
>
> I've always been very proud that people who hang out round here in that
> whilst we may not always get on, I've never doubted anyone's motives. :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim

I think if we agreed with each other all the time it would be ratehr
boring.  The important thing sometimes is to simply agree to disagree.

But at least everyone has a chance to put their point across.

Its also nice that a group of people from all different backgrounds can
really communicate on a different level,  even different ages, given i
am a lot older than most people here,  but my views are put across equally.

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net

Ubuntu 9.10 is out : Visit www.ubuntu.com for details
DCGLUG MEETINGS - Details on www.dcglug.org.uk/drupal6,  - please click
on Group meetings link on right hand side
Aged 11 - 19 then dfey may be for you,  please goto http://www.dfey.org
for more details