dfey-general-discuss

Re: [Dfey-general-discuss] Fwd: [safetynet] Coverage on BBC online - es

From: Ben Webb
Subject: Re: [Dfey-general-discuss] Fwd: [safetynet] Coverage on BBC online - esafety
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:42:22 +0000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unIo2QVfO0w#t=0m30s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmqNg-7QrDk#t=0m10s

It really is pedobear...

They seem to want you to register to get the actual cartoon -
http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/teachers/resources.aspx?tabID=1

On a serious side, from a brief glance, it does genuinely seem to be
about teaching kids to appreciate the dangers that are out there
themselves, and for them to learn how to respond, rather than
"mollycoddling" them, which is positive. However, those videos with an
"internet superhero" still freak me out a little.

--
Ben Webb - http://www.freedomdreams.co.uk/blog