dfey-general-discuss

[Dfey-general-discuss] Group structure

From: Robert Leverington
Subject: [Dfey-general-discuss] Group structure
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:14:29 +0100

Hello all,

DFEY has been had £500 donated to it by substance.coop, thank you to
them for this.  This will be primarily targetted at transport
sponsorship.

Currently, however, we have no way to accept this donation.  DFEY has
never been a very formalised organisation, mainly because there was
never any need for it - but without this there is no way of having a
group bank account.

To that end I would like to propose that we sign up to the One Click
Orgs Beta programme [1], allowing us to cut out a large chunk of the
work involved in setting up a legal structure.  I saw a demonstration
of it at the London Hackspace this week and it seems to be a decent
application that will allow for a structured but dynamic group.

A couple of problems have been pointed out with regard to child
protection, and will have to be dealt with before this goes ahead.  (I
think we will need to speak with some professionals in this field at the
very least).

Does anyone have any comments?

Regards,
Robert