dfey-nw-discuss

[Dfey-nw-discuss] Meeting Summary : Meeting 31/08

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Meeting Summary : Meeting 31/08
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 20:00:22 +0100

Hi there,

Yesterday, we had the first meeting of DFEY in Manchester!
It was a very successful event, with a laid back atmosphere which allowed us to get stuff done and have a chat and a laugh at the same time. :)

Thanks to all who came and helped make it a great event and my apologies to all who missed it.

Richard (Binary) recorded the audio of the meeting on his laptop, it's not ideal, high quality, or without the sounds of people typing on the keyboard of said laptop, but it should be good enough to get a sense of what went on. :)

We'll try and do it better next time :)

In the mean time here are the recordings of yesterday's meeting:
http://dfey.freedomdreams.co.uk/wiki/August_Meeting/Notes

If you could spare 10 minutes to help summarise what is said and give a rough time stamp, it would make things easier.

The main issues we talked about *I think* were:

# Getting free software into education/schools

# Issues surrounding content filtering

# How we can reach out further into the community

However, as well as these topics there was a lot discussed about many different subjects, from which wifi network one could get free wireless on(!) to ascii star wars.

Shortly I will put up a poll for the date of the next meeting, which will take place in the near future, but feel free to continue discussions from the meeting on list :).

Again, thanks to all those who turned up and made it such a success. :)

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net
----