dfey-sw-discuss

Re: [Dfey-sw-discuss] new user

From: Samuel Tarling
Subject: Re: [Dfey-sw-discuss] new user
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 12:47:54 +0100

Hi
I'm from (just out of) Helston, in South South West Cornwall, and
unlike Paul, I am classed as a young person (16). I currently run
Crunchbang Linux (based on Ubuntu) and I don't know/care about the
version :P

I work as a developer for Google Wave (this started through an
interesting Google I/O meeting :P), a Campus Rep for Mozilla and a
freelance website designer (currently working on
http://www.cornwallfilmfestival.com/screen-actions).

With my work as a core member of the Cornwall Film Festival I've come
to be in regular contact with CinePaint and Blender, as well as 64
Studio. I actively promote the use of FOSSF (FOSS in Film) and FOSS in
school (thus my role as Mozilla Rep)

I haven't been a member of DFEY for that long, I would say only a
month or two, but I've worked with DTW for a couple of months (another
FLOSS group) and Mozilla for half a year.

I do not like pear drops.

Sam