dino-list

[Dino-list] Issues with CVS Dino

From: Alex Schultz
Subject: [Dino-list] Issues with CVS Dino
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:30:35 -0700

Hi,

I've been trying to use Dino (latest CVS) on my system, it builds
cleanly, however I cannot get it to run.
I'm using:
Gentoo Linux
gcc 4.1.0
liblash 0.5.1
libglademm 2.6.2
libxml++ 2.12.0
libjack 0.102.30 (SVN rev 1009)

All of those except libjack and Dino itself are installed via portage.
I'm installing Dino in a prefix of /home/al/dino/prefix and libjack in a
prefix of /home/al/dino/jack

In order to get Dino to compile, I had to do a:
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/al/dino/jack/lib/pkgconfig
in order to have it find my custom jack install instead of using the
system install, and it compiled fine.
Then in order to get it to start to run, I needed it to do an:
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/al/dino/prefix/lib:/home/al/dino/prefix/lib/dino"
so it could find it's shared objects, however it still didn't work.

I set LASH_START_SERVER=1 and tried starting, and got the following
error repeated over and over:
[src/gui/dinogui.cpp:664] Initialising LASH client
lash_open_socket: could not look up host 'localhost': Servname not
supported for ai_socktype
lash_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
lash_init: trying to start new LASH server

Which seems weird... however what's also concerning, is despite my
setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH, it's trying to use my system install of libjack
(0.102.20) at runtime instead of the prefixed one:
[src/libdinoseq/sequencer.cpp:221] Initialising JACK client
jackd 0.102.20

Any ideas on what to do to get things working?

Thanks,
Alex Schultz