dino-list

Re: [Dino-list] Failed to compile Dino 0.2.2

From: Jean-Baptiste Mestelan
Subject: Re: [Dino-list] Failed to compile Dino 0.2.2
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 23:12:37 +0000

On 7/4/07, Lars Luthman <address@hidden> wrote:

Dino 0.2.2 is written for the latest JACK release, which is 0.103.0. The
JACK API has changed in the recent SVN versions so Dino 0.2.2 will not
work with that. If there is a new JACK release before Dino 0.4 is done I
will release a 0.2.3 version adapted to the new JACK release. Until then
the attached patch might work (I have not tested it, I am using JACK
0.103.0).

--ll

Got it. So I have installed 0.2.2 against JACK 0.103.0.

Incidentally, I have just found out how to write MIDI notes into the
pattern view, using Ctrl key ! Dooh ! I had missed the  information if
it is somewhere mentioned  ...

This sequencer would come in very handy for programming a bassline, or
a simple riff ; I like how it is practically laid out.
If I could maybe suggest a feature : I would find it useful to
vertically zoom onto a pattern ; so, if the riff scales only on a
couple of octaves, we get to see bigger notes ?
(Well, if this may fit into your plans ;-)

Thanks for making Dino available.