directory-discuss

Re: [directory-discuss] GNU LibreJS resource demanding

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] GNU LibreJS resource demanding
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 14:11:54 -0400

David Englund/Hedlund <address@hidden> writes:

> GNU LibreJS consumes well over 100 mb RAM for me. That is exhausting
> for my computer so unfortunately I cannot use LibreJS to browse
> effectively. Many people share the exact same problem as I do.

But it's of course unfair and inaccurate to have such a statement on
only one program in the Directory when the same thing could be said
about many, or when other complaints of similar kind could be made about
many (runs too slow, crashes a lot, etc).

We've experimented in the past with different ways to have "user
ratings" as a feature in the Directory, and I think that could be nice
in theory (hard to implement in practice). But for now, I think reviews
of quality don't belong on listings.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://my.fsf.org/join>.