directory-discuss

Re: [directory-discuss] Non-GNU software links to the FSD main page

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Non-GNU software links to the FSD main page
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 04:44:24 -0800

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016, at 02:43 AM, Ineiev wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 09:52:11AM +0100, David Hedlund wrote:
> > but as far as I can tell,  f-droid is very careful to only
> > include free software,
>
> For counterexample, OSMand.

Good catch. I dunno why I didn't realize I could just do a search for
all of the so called antifeatures. The nonfree asset issue seems to be
the only one which crosses the line of hosting something nonfree.  I've
updated our text to include a warning and a link (see the about section
on the main page). Feel free to propose any improvements.