discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Unable to add plug-in IRSIM

From: Bryan Buckley
Subject: Re: Unable to add plug-in IRSIM
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:58:45 -0600

I am able to use it now.

I think the problem was in two parts.

When using the command line, with the correct parameters, I would get this error. I moved the files to a shorter path name on my file system and it worked.

The other part of the problem was with my using a shortcut to try to launch Electric with IRSIM. The target was:
java -classpath "electricBinary-8.09.jar;electricIRSIM-8.09.jar" com.sun.electric.Launcher
but i had a parameter for "Start In." Removing the parameter allowed me to use the shortcut to launch Electric with IRSIM, as long as the shortcut is in the same folder as IRSIM.jar and electric.jar.

Thank You,
Bryan

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Steven Rubin <address@hidden> wrote:
At 01:34 PM 12/8/2009, you wrote:
I am trying to use IRSIM with Electric. In the command window, my current directory has the electric binary and IRSIM binary. I run:
>java -classpath "electricBinary-8.09.jar;electricIRSIM-8.09.jar" com.sun.electric.Launcher
just like in the documentation online.

I get this error message:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com
/sun/electric/Launcher
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.electric.Launcher
Could not find the main class: com.sun.electric.Launcher.  Program will exit.

In electric I can not select the option of doing IRSIM like in the tutorials.

Can you use the same command to start Electric without IRSIM?  That is, can you type:

     java -classpath "electricBinary-8.09.jar" com.sun.electric.Launcher

This is testing whether your jar file is corrupted.

If this works, then are you using the correct separator character (you use ";" but some systems need ":").

Finally, can you connect multiple jar files with this technique?  Try downloading the bean shell and make it the second jar file in that command.

   -Steven Rubin