Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hi from new subscriber

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hi from new subscriber
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 21:59:04 -0700

> I'd like to say hello to everyone and is there any hardware available
> to buy from listmembers related to the software radio's?
> I would be interested in designing a custom board
> that would be helpful for this project.
> What do people need on a board?

It would be great to have readily available hardware that would
suit the needs of software-defined radio experimenters.  But
a "custom board" would not be particularly useful.  We'd have
great free software that could be used by thousands or millions,
but only two or three individual boards to use it with.

If you would build a board that someone would reliably produce and
support and sell to anyone who wanted it, that would be what we really
need.  Then we could discuss what ought to be on such a board.

        John