[Discuss-gnuradio] FYI, EU regulatory rumblings re SDR

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FYI, EU regulatory rumblings re SDR
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:30:31 -0700

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [SDRWG:295] EU rulemaking for SDR Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 03:05:21 +0200
Hi Group,

The below message appeared at dsp-radio a few days ago.
Among other things there is a new definition of SDR.

(A radio on which something that is subject to regulations
can be changed in software.)

Means that an amateur receiver is not an SDR in Sweden -
we are allowed to listen on all frequencies here:)

In other countries where some frequency bands are prohibited
it becomes different....

73

Leif  /  SM5BSZ

                              -  o  -

Hello All,

I am on an EMC listserve at work since I do compliance work.
A interesting piece was posted today and I thought of you all...

http://europa.eu.int/comm/enterprise/rtte/questionn/questionnaire.pdf

The "regulatory powers to be" are trying to come to terms with
SDR and sent this questionare out EMC test community, asking
for comments, trying to define international test specifications.
This is interesting an read.

dave garnier - wb9own