[Discuss-gnuradio] TAPR DCC

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TAPR DCC
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:49:55 -0700

The 22nd Annual ARRL and TAPR Digital Communications Conference will be held
September 19-21, 2003, in Hartford, Connecticut (about halfway between New York
and Boston).

"The ARRL and TAPR Digital Communications Conference is an international forum
for radio amateurs to meet, publish their work, and present new ideas and
techniques. Presenters and attendees will have the opportunity to exchange
ideas and learn about recent hardware and software advances, theories,
experimental results, and practical applications."

The TAPR Digital Communications Conference is an annual event.  It is open to
everyone, not just radio amateurs.  I would encourage anyone (amateur or not)
who is doing any interesting communications work (GNU Radio related or not), to
write a short paper for inclusion in the proceedings.  It does not need to be
groundbreaking stuff.  Tutorials and reports on work in progress are welcome as
well.

Papers are officially due on August 5th.  That's a short time away, but the
process is rather informal, so I'm sure you could get away with another week if
you needed it.

Presentation of the paper at the conference would be great, but is not required.

I would also encourage anyone who can to attend the event.  It is a lot of fun,
and there are a lot of very interesting people there.  Also, I will be giving a
~4 hour SDR seminar on Sunday the 21st.

See this page for more info:

     http://www.tapr.org/tapr/dcc/

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions.

Matt