[Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink hang

From: Matthew Burnham
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink hang
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:00:37 +0100

I've had a couple of problems compiling GnuRadio from CVS. I've been
able to compile okay by commenting out the errors concerned, but I'm not
sure what effect this is having. For a start, its hanging whenever
anything tries to use an AudioSink.

-- first problem --

gr_FlowGraphImpl.cc: In method `bool gr_FlowGraphImpl::add_sigproc(VrSigProc
*)':
gr_FlowGraphImpl.cc:156: implicit declaration of function `int find(...)'
gr_FlowGraphImpl.cc:156: initialization to `VrSigProc **' from `int' lacks a
cast

-- end --

I commented out the offending code in add_sigproc in
src/gnu/lib/gr/gr_FlowGraphImpl.cc to solve this one temporarily. Eric's
already suggested prefixing std:: to the find, which doesn't seem to
help.

-- second problem --

In file included from /usr/include/unistd.h:175,
                 from ../../../src/pspectra/lib/vr/VrTypes.h:43,
                 from GnuRadioPython.cc:765:
/usr/include/bits/posix_opt.h:70: warning: `_POSIX_THREADS' redefined
/usr/include/python2.1/config.h:174: warning: this is the location of the previo
us definition
In file included from ../../../src/gnu/lib/gr/GrHilbert.h:29,
                 from GnuRadioPython.cc:777:
../../../src/gnu/lib/gr/gr_fir.h:25: warning: #warning "gr_fir.h is deprecated.
 Please transition to gr_fir_???.h"
../../../src/pspectra/lib/vrp/VrInterpolatingSigProc.h: In method `int VrInterpo
latingSigProc<atsc_data_segment,float>::work(VrSampleRange, void **, VrSampleRan
ge *, void **)':
../../../src/gnu/lib/dtv/GrAtscSymbolMapper.h:44:   instantiated from here
../../../src/pspectra/lib/vrp/VrInterpolatingSigProc.h:114: `class atsc_data_seg
ment' used where a floating point value was expected
../../../src/pspectra/lib/vrp/VrInterpolatingSigProc.h:114: aggregate value used
 where a float was expected

-- end --

I cleared this one by commenting out the last function (word) in
src/pspectra/lib/vrp/VrInterpolatingSigProc.h

I've tried before (and not really got anywhere) to play about with
decoding data signals from a scanner discriminator input. I've got a
nice clean POCSAG signal which I'd like to have a go at writing a
decoder for, but I'm not sure which parts of the source tree I should be
taking ideas from. For a start, there seem to be two sets of source and
sink classes, Gr*Source in src/gnu/lib/grio and and Vr*Source in
src/pspectra/lib/vrio - which should I be using? On the basis that the
dtv stuff uses GrAtsc* I'm guessing any intermediate 'blocks' should be
Gr rather than Vr. What should I use as a source, VrFile/AudioSource or
GrFile/AudioSource?

Once I get something simple decoding a simple FSK POCSAG signal, I'm
hoping to be able to have another go at trying some AFSK stuff, but
thought it might be a bit easier to start with a known signal. At least,
that's the plan :)

How's the USB2 ADC coming along?

--
Mat Burnham