RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink hang

From: Ettus, Matt
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink hang
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:31:04 -0700

> I've tried before (and not really got anywhere) to play about with
> decoding data signals from a scanner discriminator input. I've got a
> nice clean POCSAG signal which I'd like to have a go at writing a
> decoder for, but I'm not sure which parts of the source tree
> I should be
> taking ideas from. For a start, there seem to be two sets of
> source and
> sink classes, Gr*Source in src/gnu/lib/grio and and Vr*Source in
> src/pspectra/lib/vrio - which should I be using?

The Vr stuff is older, from pSpectra.  The Gr stuff is newer.  In general,
use the Gr, unless there is no appropriate class, or if the Vr is used in
one of the example programs.  If you ask about specific classes, I can
suggest which to use.

> What should I use as a source,
> VrFile/AudioSource or
> GrFile/AudioSource?

For audio, you can use either, but I'd suggest the Gr version.

> Once I get something simple decoding a simple FSK POCSAG signal, I'm
> hoping to be able to have another go at trying some AFSK stuff, but
> thought it might be a bit easier to start with a known
> signal. At least,
> that's the plan :)

Good plan.  Let me know if you need any more help.

> How's the USB2 ADC coming along?

There have been some delays outside of our control, but we should be getting
boards on Monday.

Matt