Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitting and Receiving Equipment

From: Rob Judd
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitting and Receiving Equipment
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:33:36 +1000

Daniel,

The "DC to daylight" all-band transceiver is the ultimate dream for
communications people. The best that can be done easily at present is to
about 1GHz, but there's not much to hear above that so it isn't really a
great loss. For specific services like the 23cm amateur band, the 2.4GHz
ISM (Wi-Fi) band and so on you'd normally use a transverter attached to
the same system.

To receive HDTV in Australia the system being used by GNURadio at
present is adequate except for the standard US tuner which only has 6MHz
bandwidth. Replacing that with an Australian standard tuner would work
but as you've noticed, the software still has to be written too.

We'll get there ...

Rob