[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio compile problem

From: w3sz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio compile problem
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 10:54:30 -0400

Hello, All!

I am trying to install gnu-radio on a RHL 8.0 system.

I am getting an error that I think may be due to the way my fftw files are
named /
installed.  I have seen the caution about needing to make symbolic links for
the fftw
files if they are not named as the default compile settings expect,  but I
can't find
the files on my machine to make the symbolic links. Even after doing 'updatedb'
and
'locate fftw' I find no executable files named fftw or fft3.  Yet the 'bench'
tests
for fft3 work fine.

The error message I get when I try to compile gnuradio-0.8 by doing 'make' after
doing './configure' is:

g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -o t1 t1.o  ./.libs/libtest.a
./../../src/gnu/lib/.libs/libgnuradio.a -lrfftw /usr/local/lib/libfftw3.a -lm
./../../cppunit/src/cppunit/.libs/libcppunit.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lrfftw
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any help from someone with more brains and experience than I have would be
appreciated!  That should include everyone else on this list, I expect.

I want to get gnuradio running with my sdr1000 and Matt's software offering.

If anyone knows where to find the /src/gnu/python/hf directory Matt referred to
in
his email, that info would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

73,
Roger Rehr
W3SZ