Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS/DSSS question

From: Krzysztof Kamieniecki
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS/DSSS question
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 23:18:14 -0400

I've been eyeing that book, but it feels like cheating to just buy it and implement their ideas. However I'm planning on buying it once I have something running, so i can see how badly I've screwed things up :)

Brent Ledvina wrote:

Your algorithm should be modified in the following way:

1. Detect the code phase offset and carrier doppler shift using your acquisition algorithm (by finding the peak signal power at a particular Doppler offset).
2. Track the code offset using a delay-locked loop (DLL)
3. Track the carrier frequency using a FLL or the frequency and phase using a PLL.

An good text on GPS receiver design using software receivers is Fundamentals of Global Positioning Receivers: A Software Approach by James Tsui, Wiley and Sons, 2000.

Regards,
Brent

<snip>
--