Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A/D Converter

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A/D Converter
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:07:57 -0800

> At 09:49 AM 14/11/03 -0800, Petersen, Eric wrote:
>
> >For anybody who is still looking for to buy a PCI DAS4020/12, check
> >out this
> >site:
> ><http://www.globalamericaninc.com/Products/data_acquisition/gd2380.htm>
> >It looks like the same board to me, but I was quoted <$1000 in
> >single
> >quantities and <$900 if you wan't 10 of them...
> >
> >Eric Petersen

The boards look identical to the Measurement Computing PCI
DAS4020/12.  In fact, you can read the label on the DC/DC converter.
It reads "Computer Boards".  That's Measurement Computing's previous
name.   I assume that globalamerica picked up the remainder of the
"old label" cards at a discount.

If globalamerica will allow you to return the board if there's any
problem, I'd give it a try.  You could also ask them for the PCI
Device ID that the board reports.  Not sure how to do it under
windows, but on linux the lspci command will show the following info:

02:0c.0 Class ffff: Computer Boards: Unknown device 0052 (rev 02)

The 02:0c.0 will vary depending on what machine and slot it's plugged
into.  Note that it ids as "Computer Boards" (the vendor ID).  The key
part that we care about is the "Device ID" 0052.  The (rev 02) part
may matter, though the current mc4020 driver doesn't check.

#define   PCI_VENDOR_ID_COMPUTER_BOARDS 0x1307
#define   PCI_DEVICE_ID_PCI_DAS_4020_12 0x0052

Eric