Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP FPGA

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP FPGA
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:18:31 -0800

Quoting David Carr <address@hidden>:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm looking for some more information of the FPGA on the USRP.  I
> understand the firmware implements 2 up and 2 down converters and some
> general interface functionality.  I assume these are of the CIC type.
> What sort of FPGA resources are required?  (How much logic is used in
> the current device?)

There are CIC interpolators and decimators, CORDIC up and downconverters,
halfband interpolators and decimators, fifos and other interfacing stuff right
now.  More to come.

> Also, it appears from the wiki that you're using JHDL to code the
> firmware, is the source available?

I've never heard of JHDL.  I can assure you that I am using Verilog, and all the
source is available from the CVS tree on opensdr.sf.net

Matt

P.S.  A preliminary run of 20 of the final USRP is in production right now, and
when those turn out ok, we're going to start full-scale production.