Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 100/1000 PHYs

From: David Carr
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 100/1000 PHYs
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:19:21 -0600

Your luck seems similar to mine thus far.
National DP83865: PQFP 128 pins
Intel PHYs: BGA
Broadcom: No Docs
Marvell: No Docs
RocketPHY (Overkill, 10 Gbit): BGA
VITESSE: No Docs, appear BGA
I think that the PCI bridge option deserves a look however it has a quite a few problems. I think that its too expensive in terms of logic to do PCI on the FPGA. You need something like a PLX PCI 9054. Now unfourtunately we have to initialize the card and do PCI data transfers and have some sort of "driver." It is neat though, to be able to plug in a standard ethernet card...

Here something else interesting, no word on the price yet.
http://www.devboards.de/index.php?kategorie=12

Where is the cheapest place to get a small run (2) of 4 layer PCBs? I might start working on a daugthercard of my own.

-DC