Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rf to data file - usrp_rx_file.py

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rf to data file - usrp_rx_file.py
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:26:23 -0800

> I have been trying to find a way to use usrp_rx_file.py to grab a
> certain bandwidth and sample rate from my usrp and save it into a
> file. By moving the decimation value to max i can't get the bandwidth
> down to 12.5khz.

The USRP hardware will only decimate by up to 128 at this time.  That will give
you 500 ks/s complex and 500 khz of BW.  In software you should then pass the
signal through a decimating FIR filter to get it down to the width you'd like.
Nearly all of them examples show how to use one of these filters.

> How could I add a bandpass filter to usrp_rx_file.py? Is this even the
> right way to go?

Yes

> Also, is it possible to transmit the captured rf from the file at a later
> date?

Just reverse the process you used to receive it.

Matt