Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where do Gnuradio and USRP meet?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where do Gnuradio and USRP meet?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:29:30 -0800

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 02:36:54PM -0800, Javs wrote:
> Hey all,
>

> I was looking at the build codes(.h, .cc., .c, .i, .py) for the USRP
> and the Gnuradio Docs seperately and I am not sure where exactly
> these two meet. I was guessing that the fusb would be calling both
> the headers from usrp and gnuradio, but doesn't seem like it. Can
> anyone please point me to core files in which one calls the other.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Javs

The dependencies go like this:

A: B    means A depends on B

gnuradio-core: libcppunit fftw python boost

usrp: libusb

gr-usrp: usrp gnuradio-core

Thus,

usrp is independent of any part of gnuradio.
gr-usrp is the glue that ties usrp into gnuradio.

fusb is an (essential) implementation detail of usrp.

The top-level C++ access to usrp is via usrp_standard.h

>From GNU Radio, it is accessed by way of gr-usrp which provides
usrp.source_c and usrp.sink_c

Eric