[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio installed to wrong Python directory

From: Ahmad Sheikh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio installed to wrong Python directory
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:26:51 +0500

Python2.2 came pre-installed with my RedHat Linux. I installed Python 2.4 from
source for GNU Radio, and it was installed in /usr/local by default. I then
installed wxPython from rpm but I could not import wx on the Python command
line. I found that wx did not install to /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
even though PYTHONPATH was set to /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages. I
then installed Python2.4 to /usr and set PYTHONPATH to
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages. I had to delete "python" from /usr/local/bin
because it is first on my PATH and I want /usr/bin/python to be executed. I
then installed wxPython from the src.rpm and now I can find its folders in
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages. I can now import wx, so everything is fine
here. But here's the problem:

I tried installing gunradio-core-2.5, and it installed itself to the old
python2.4 (in /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages). I, of course, wanted it
installed in the new python2.4 in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages. Note that
PYTHONPATH is set to /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages. Now it can't find module
gnuradio when i do "from gnuradio imort gr" on the python command line.

If anyone can get something from the above gibberish, please tell me how I can
get everything right. Is there some "--prefix=/usr" type option for installing
gnuradio-core?

Thanks in advance.

Ahmad

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com