Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] static libpython3.2.a issue while building gnurad

From: Mark S Petrovic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] static libpython3.2.a issue while building gnuradio-core from CVS
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:21:38 -0700

On 21Jun, Eric Blossom wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 07:08:06AM -0700, Mark S Petrovic wrote:
> > I've deduced that there are things known about this issue, or a related
> > issue, as I saw similar discussion here
> >
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2005-05/msg00148.html
> >
> > However, I provide what I believe may be related detail and
> > reproducibility that may be helpful.
> >
> > In the course of building (not running) gnuradio-core from CVS, I
> > encounter an unresolved symbol issue related to a static libpython
> > library in Python 2.3.5.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for the info.

Happy to do so.

> When I get a bit of spare time, I'm going to back out the dependency
> on -no-undefined and libpython.  It's currently breaking the AMD64 and
> OS/X builds too.  These particular options are only required when building
> windows DLLs, and the autoconf code should be changed to only use them
> on the windows related environment like Cygwin and MinGW.

Until this dependency is backed out, does the failure of the test program,
which generates only a configure warning, indicate that the code will
otherwise not fully compile or the runtime gnuradio not function properly?
iow, until you make the change, can one simply ignore the "no dev lib"
warning re libpython during configure?

Thanks.

Mark