[Discuss-gnuradio] Different input/output rate

From: holgervm
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Different input/output rate
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:28:45 +0200

Hello,

I am new in GNU Radio and could need some help. I want to implement some signal
processing blocks for data encoding/decoding. I read the "How to Write a Signal
Processing Block"-Tutorial and have understand most of that.
I have already build some blocks on myself and they work fine. But now I have a
problem.

The input of my signal block is a bytestream b. The output should
also be a bytestream, but with a different number of outgoing items(not a
multiple of b).
In other words, after the transformation of the inputstream some extra-bytes
have to be appended.

For example:

Input y Bytes   ------->   Output (y Bytes * x) + c ; where y and x are integers
and c Overhead-Bytes: independent from input items

The number of input items is not fixed.

Is this possible or must the number of output items always be a multiple of the
number of input items?

Please, could anyone give me a hint how to implement this?

Holger