[Discuss-gnuradio] Some basic questions

From: sudhindra aithal kota
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some basic questions
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 22:00:14 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
 I am using the usrp_siggen.py program to transmit a
complex signal to the USRP. The interpolator on the
transmit side generates an I and Q part for my signal
and I transmit it via DAC0 and DAC1.

1)Is DAC0/DAC1 connected to J48/J49?

Now I connect J48 to J19 and J49 to J18.

2)Is ADC0/ADC1 connected to J19/J18?

I give a mux setting of 0x33333300 This I assume
connects ADC0 to the I input of DDC0 and ADC1 to Q
input of DDC0. Now when I see the received signal
using the usrp_oscope.py program, I see 2 signals.

3)Shouldnt I be seeing only 1 signal,the original
complex signal?

I assume what I now see is the real and imaginary part
of the original signal.

4)Why is this so?

Regards
Sudhindra