[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core build failure

From: William Moerner
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core build failure
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:34:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am continuing to follow Dawei Shen's directions,
installing on Mandriva 10.1 official (kde).

I have successfully installed fftw and swig in default
locations, and Numarray, Numeric in python.

(The cppunit 1.10.2 build complained a bit at make
check:  ChessTest.h  m_game undeclared [main.o] error
1, and make install said "nothing to be done for
install_data_am".  Is this bad?)

Importantly, I have problems at the building of
gnuradio-core.  With a totally fresh unpack (from
cvs), ./bootstrap compalins with

aclocal: macro `AM_PATH_PYTHON' required but not
defined
configure.ac:24: error: possibly undefined macro:
AM_CONFIG_HEADER
      If this token and others are legitimate, please
use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:26: error: possibly undefined macro:
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.ac:31: error: possibly undefined macro:
AM_CONDITIONAL
configure.ac:51: error: possibly undefined macro:
AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
configure.ac:53: error: possibly undefined macro:
AC_ENABLE_SHARED
configure.ac:54: error: possibly undefined macro:
AC_DISABLE_STATIC
configure.ac:55: error: possibly undefined macro:
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.ac:139: error: possibly undefined macro:
AM_PATH_CPPUNIT
configure.ac:140: error: possibly undefined macro:
AC_MSG_ERROR
autoheader-2.5x: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in
configure.ac

thank you for any hint, Weo   WN6I