Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core build failure

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core build failure
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:26:33 -0700

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 08:34:57PM -0700, William Moerner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am continuing to follow Dawei Shen's directions,
> installing on Mandriva 10.1 official (kde).
>
> I have successfully installed fftw and swig in default
> locations, and Numarray, Numeric in python.
>
> (The cppunit 1.10.2 build complained a bit at make
> check:  ChessTest.h  m_game undeclared [main.o] error
> 1, and make install said "nothing to be done for
> install_data_am".  Is this bad?)

Sounds bad, but as long as it built the library, you're probably OK.

> Importantly, I have problems at the building of
> gnuradio-core.  With a totally fresh unpack (from
> cvs), ./bootstrap compalins with
>
> aclocal: macro `AM_PATH_PYTHON' required but not
> defined
> configure.ac:24: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AM_CONFIG_HEADER
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please
> use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:26: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
> configure.ac:31: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AM_CONDITIONAL
> configure.ac:51: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
> configure.ac:53: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AC_ENABLE_SHARED
> configure.ac:54: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AC_DISABLE_STATIC
> configure.ac:55: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
> configure.ac:139: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AM_PATH_CPPUNIT
> configure.ac:140: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AC_MSG_ERROR
> autoheader-2.5x: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in
> configure.ac
>
> thank you for any hint, Weo   WN6I

Should work out of the box.

Take a look at the output of these commands:

   $ which automake
   $ automake --version

   $ which autoconf
   $ autoconf --version

   $ which libtool
   $ libtool --version

$ cat /etc/mandrake-release
Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Official) for i586

$ uname -a
Linux bufo.comsec.com 2.6.8.1-12mdk #1 Fri Oct 1 12:53:41 CEST 2004 i686
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1400MHz unknown GNU/Linux

$ which automake
/usr/bin/automake

$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.8.5
Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>.

$ which autoconf
/usr/bin/autoconf

$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

$ which libtool
/usr/bin/libtool

$ libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.6 (1.1220.2.95 2004/04/11 05:50:42)

Eric