[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP drivers/test code

From: Kalen Watermeyer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP drivers/test code
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:22:18 +0200

Hi all,

I'm trying to re-use the USRP code (where I can) for my own SDR device which also uses the FX2 chip. I've managed to install the GnuRadio onto my Debian system and have built the USRP source code.

When I run the usrp-0.8/host/apps/test_usrp_standard_rx executable I get an 'usrp[0] device not found'

I realise that I've probably left off a thousand steps, but am a little confused as to how to get things in order.

Firstly, how do I ensure that the appropriate usb driver(s) are associated with my usb device when I connect to the system?

Secondly, is it feasible to modify existing FX2 firmware to my own needs for testing purposes? (as my FPGA/electronic setup are obviously very different from the USRP)

Many thanks once again

Kalen Watermeyer