Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dbs_rx problems?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dbs_rx problems?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:30:50 -0700

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 07:23:21PM +0930, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> G'day,
>
> I appear to have problems in getting the dbs_rx daughter to work. It may yet
> be another OS (NetBSD usb device) problem. Hopefully, it won't be hardware!
> Operation of the tvrx daughter board appears to be fine - receiving signals
> at around -100dbm sensitivity (is this what can be expected?).
>
> I'm seeing the following errors when running the dbs_debug.py example:
>
> barossa: {57} ./dbs_debug.py
> RX d'board A: TV Rx
> RX d'board B: DBS Rx
> usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Input/output error
> usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Input/output error
> usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Input/output error
> usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Input/output error

Hi Berndt,

Just to make sure we're really comparing apples-to-apples,
can you disconnect power from your USRP, then swap the DBS_RX and
TV_RX boards, then try again?

Both situations use *exactly* the same mechanism to talk to the
daughterboards.  I can't think of any reason for them to behave
differently regarding USB control messages.

Eric