[Discuss-gnuradio] No module name gnuradio

From: Robitaille, Michael
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module name gnuradio
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:09:50 -0600

LRK wrote:

I install the programs needed to build gnuradio as root, some of these being
"ports" in FreeBSD and thus easy to install. A couple I have to do by hand.

Then I do the CVS download into space owned by the user gr and build it
there without sudo. There are a couple of things to fix to get this all
working but I can run everything as the user.

I got it all to work.  I am installing it in my local directory and I don't
need to use the sudo command to install but I still need it to run.  I was
following the instruction in UsrpInstall Wiki to literally and did not think
of changing the '/usr/local' for the location I had installed the software.
I moved the firmware and usrp_fpga.rbf to the proper directory and it works.

I still get the following error when I try to run usrp_oscope.py or
wfm-rcv_gui.py.

            Traceback (most recent call lost):

            File ".ursp_oscope.py", line 27, in ?

            From gnuradio import gr, gru

            Import Error: No module named gnuradio

To the best of my knowledge, all the base software and gnuradio software
compiled and installed correctly.

My variables are set in .bashrc as follows:

# For GNU Radio

GR=$HOME/gr

PATH=.:$GR/bin:$PATH

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GR/lib/pkgconfig/:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconf
ig

PYTHONPATH=$GR/lib/python2.4/site-package:\

$GR/lib/python2.4/site-package/Numeric:\

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-package

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GR/lib:/usr/lib

CVS_RSH=ssh

Thanks

PS:  Just added the subject header.  I saw Eric's email pop as I was writing
this.  Sorry for my post with no header.