[Discuss-gnuradio] gain control extreme non-linearity--is my hardware br

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gain control extreme non-linearity--is my hardware broken?
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 23:35:50 -0500

I've noticed while playing with the gain control with the DBS_RX and USRP that the range of 50-79 makes no difference to the signal level, and then when I switch from 79 to 80, there's a sudden 10dB jump in signal level. Also down between 40 and 50, the gain control only seems
 to produce a 5dB difference in signal level.

This is with the latest tarballs, including usrp-0.10.

Should I worry?