Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gain control extreme non-linearity--is my hardwar

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gain control extreme non-linearity--is my hardware broken?
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:19:30 -0500

Matt Ettus wrote:

Lee Patton wrote:
I have seen that problem too. It is the result of incorrect python
integer/float semantics during the setting of the gc2 variable in the
set_gain() method found in db_dbs_rx.py. I will post a complete patch
once I am finished investigating some other gain issues that I have
noticed.
For now, the following change should work:

old: gc2 = int(round(31 * (1-gain/24)))
new: gc2 = int(round(31 * (1-gain/24.)))

In the mean time, I have checked this in.  Thanks for finding the problem.

Matt

Applied the fix, and it seems to have mostly worked--there's still some weirdness between the 40 and 50 settings, but it's much improved. I thought that perhaps
 my hardware was broken--like one of the VGAs wasn't working.