Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Still struggling... now with Debian packages

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Still struggling... now with Debian packages
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:04:30 -0500

John Ackermann N8UR said the following on 01/11/2006 05:34 PM:

> Now the basic stuff is working.  I'm getting an error in the usrp
> examples where "from gnuradio import usrp" thinks the usrp module
> doesn't exist, but that should be solvable.

Sorry to pollute the list, but I figure you're all as fascinated by this
as I am :-)

Because the debian package search system is down, I've had to hunt for
the necessary packages more or less by guess and by golly.  I was
missing gr-usrp.  With that installed, I've moved on to a new error,
another library problem:

----
address@hidden:/usr/share/doc/gnuradio-examples/examples/python/usrp#
./usrp_nbfm_rcv.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./usrp_nbfm_rcv.py", line 5, in ?
    from gnuradio import usrp
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp.py", line 34, in ?
    from gnuradio import usrp1              # usrp Rev 1 and later
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp1.py", line 4, in ?
    import _usrp1
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio/_usrp1.so:
undefined symbol: _ZN16usrp_standard_tx4makeEijii
----

Because of my earlier cleaning, I don't *think* this is another
contamination problem.  But I'm not sure what could be causing it.  Any
ideas?

John