[Discuss-gnuradio] Simultaneous TX/RX Sample Code for RFX (FLEX) 400

From: rdmiller
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simultaneous TX/RX Sample Code for RFX (FLEX) 400
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:26:54 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

I am having an issue receiving signals properly using a single RFX (FLEX)
400.  I am using usrp_siggen.py (with a sinusoid) to transmit via "TX/RX" in
the 450 MHz range, and have verified its functionality via a spectrum
analyzer.  The transmitter ("TX/RX") is hardwired to the receiver ("RX2")
via an SMA to SMA cable.  I have tried the following:

1.  Using usrp_rx_cfile.py directly
==>  This results in incorrect data.
2.  Adding the following line to usrp_rx_cfile:
u.select_rx_antenna(1)
==>  This results in an error, as the method ("select_rx_antenna") is not
found.
3.  Adding the following line to usrp_rx_cfile:
u.subdev.select_rx_antenna(1)
==>  This also results in an invalid method error.

My question is whether or not any of the above tests should work.  If not,
can someone proved some simple sample code to properly receive data using
"RX2" of the RFX 400 while the "TX/RX" port is being used as a transmitter?

Thanks!
Rob