[Discuss-gnuradio] configure tests?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] configure tests?
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:58:42 -0400

I think I've got the issue with gr-audio-osx running on Intel Macs ... it's about endianness in the float stream. Which means, if I'm correct, that I need to add a #ifdef to select on whether the CPU is big (PPC) or little (Intel) endian. Anyone know if this is already available for configure, or will I need to add one? If the latter, I'm sure it's straight forward (e.g. `uname -a | grep powerpc` == ""), but why reinvent the wheel?

Also, it looks like Apple's GCC implements the ".align X" in assembly as a log2 based number (for either PPC or Intel) while others use ".align Y" where X = log2 (Y) .. a linear number. I really doubt that this is available for configure, but it's worth checking. I've already started writing this one ("config/gr_asm_dot_align.m4"), but again why reinvent the wheel?

Thanks! - MLD