Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] configure tests?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] configure tests?
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:13:03 -0400

Eric Blossom <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd suggest something like:
>
>   in test.asm (syntax could be wrong...)
>
>       .globl _start_test, _end_test
>
>       .align  16
>   _start_test:
>       .db     1
>         .align  4
>   _end_test:
>

> Then use nm to extract the resulting symbol values, followed by some
> python, etc to compute difference.

That's very cool.  awk would do though :-)

> Or I guess your test code could just write the difference to stdout,
> then you could parse that.

That's not cross-compile friendly.  It may well be that crossbuilding
GNU Radio is already not doable, but it seems nice to avoid making it
worse.

NetBSD pkgsrc folks are thinking about how to make packages cross
building, so one could e..g build GNU Radio for sun3 or vax in a
reasonable time.  I relealize those are goofy examples, but it's nice
that the base system is cross buildable and it's occasionally annoying
that packages aren't.  Building for ppc or sparc64 on i386 is a less
goofy example.

--
        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>