Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Car alarms and garage door openers

From: Rick Parrish
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Car alarms and garage door openers
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 20:01:34 -0500

Michael Milner wrote:

I just took a look at my car's keyfob with the USRP RFX400 board (it seems
to transmit around 433.923MHz.  It is using FSK modulation, a few tens of
kilohertz deviation.  It demodulates pretty well, but the centre frequency
isn't very stable (Is there any way to automatically detect the centre
frequency within a range?)
Might be one of these ...

http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/an/AN3765.pdf

The older SAW filter designs would "wiggle" the TX frequency to compensate for any slight mismatch between the TX and RX filters.

-rick