[Discuss-gnuradio] buffer size 32k

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] buffer size 32k
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:25:55 -0400

I'm curious about this statement in
$PYTHONPATH/gnuradio/gr/flow_graph.py

        # We could scan the graph here and determine individual sizes
        # based on relative_rate, number of readers, etc.

In the meantime, it would be nice to be able, somehow, to tweak the
global buffer size from inside an application, without having to
edit flow_graph.py manually. Or a GR_BUF_SIZE environment variable.

Because: One of my simple test apps works 600% faster using 4k buffer
instead of 32k, since it doesn't have to wait for stale data to clear.

Seems like the ideal setting for a 'tight' app would be as small as
possible that still runs without hiccups, to minimize delays in
transmit/receive turnaround time, etc.

--Chuck