Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GUI python apps don't update controls,

From: Jordan Hayes
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GUI python apps don't update controls,
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:57:48 -0800

I get no errors when running locally; some errors when running on
X-Win32 from Starnet on Windows over an SSH tunnel; and still more
errors when I try to run against Xvnc under NetBSD.

Try using:

 $ ssh -X -Y

-Y is an authorization hack, but X over ssh already works great (xterm, et al work fine). So it's not that. I get the same thing the original poster gets: apps work fine on the console; graph gets displayed, can't manipulate sliders, etc. over SSH. But: the window does come up; it's just like the focus is away from that window.

Under Xvnc, I get this error:

Error: Cairo 1.2.6 does not yet support the requested image format:
       Depth: 8
       Alpha mask: 0x00000000
       Red   mask: 0x00000007
       Green mask: 0x00000038
       Blue  mask: 0x000000c0
Please file an enhancement request (quoting the above) at:
http://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=cairo
assertion "NOT_REACHED" failed: file "cairo-image-surface.c", line 201, function "_cairo_format_from_pixman_format"
Abort trap (core dumped)

So I'm gussing it's different X server implementations that are getting screwed up here.

/jordan