[Discuss-gnuradio] What is USRP oscope showing me?

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] What is USRP oscope showing me?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:03:25 -0800

Hi,

I'm new to radio and I have a lot to learn. I have a question about oscilloscopes and the usrp_oscope.py.

I believe the following. Please correct me where I am out to lunch. There is a strong 103.3Mhz FM station in my area. Connect an antenna to a band pass filter that passes 103.3Mhz +- a little bit. Plug the output of the filter to an oscilloscope (a real one) and you will see a 103.3Mhz wave. Note: you do not tune the oscilloscope.

My questions about usrp_oscope.py:
How do I see the carrier wave at 103.3Mhz?
What are the units of the Y axis?
Why does it want to tune?
What is usrp_oscope.py showing me?

Thanks!