Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP and USB full speed (1.1) transmit

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP and USB full speed (1.1) transmit
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 08:19:09 -0500

Remember that the GPIF is currently set up to DMA 256 16-bit values.
Perhaps that part needs changing.  The magic value is probably buried
in the WaveData table in usrp_gpif.c

I looked over the GPIF stuff with the Cypress tool I do not see any
reference to transfer size in there. I am thinking the transfer size
is set in the FPGA?

Another thing you could try is to set up the GPIF in a non-flowstate
mode.  You'd need to use the Cypress tool to do this (or Larry
Doolittle's perl (?) code.  Running in full speed, you don't need to
be able to burst data at 96MB/sec between the FX2 and FPGA.

Do you have any idea what sort of changes to the 8051/FPGA code are
involved? The machines I am using this with do not need high data
rates (in fact more decimation in the FPGA would be helpful).

Philip, do you have access to a logic analyzer?
It would extremely helpful for determining what's really happening
between the FX2 and FPGA.

Agreed. Unfortunately, we are a communication group, not a digital
hardware group. So we do not have a logic analyzer. Of course, these
days, it is hard to tell the difference between a comm group and a
digital hardware group.

Philip

Eric