Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] number of blocks in a burst over USB

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] number of blocks in a burst over USB
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 22:26:41 -0400

Eric Blossom wrote:
> It's not the number of blocks in a burst.  It's the number of blocks
> that are allocated for asynchronous tranfers.
>
> I suggest starting with:
>
>   fusb_block_size = 4096
>   fusb_nblocks = 16
>
> Though after everything is working and realtime scheduling is
> enabled (for the usrp mblocks), we may want to switch to
>
>   fusb_block_size = 1024
>   fusb_nblocks = 16

Okay, so the one of the reasons I moved d_urx->start() out of the
initialization code was
that it's causing all of my machines to lockup within seconds.  I'm having a
hard time
debugging this one as it is literally only seconds before things lock up.

Without starting the RX side, the code runs to completion without flinching
(test_usrp_inband).  As soon as I start the RX side, lock up on all 3 machines
I've tried
this on.  Granted, they're all Gentoo x86 machines.  I've tried doubling the
USB block
size, still a lock up.

Any ideas?

- George