Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Vista, Xp, or Linux?

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Vista, Xp, or Linux?
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:56:31 -0400

On the ubuntu live cd (the installation CD) use gparted. It is already there and ready for that purpose without having to resort to "your favorite bittorrent copy" of partition magic.

Bob

Eng. Firas wrote:
Hi,

I suggest you run partition magic and divide your hard disk into a new
partition and install Ubuntu in the new partition. In this way, you can keep
your Vista and run gnuradio safely in Linux.

Firas

Kevin Rudd (Contractor) wrote:
Hello all,

  I just got my new notebook computer with Vista pre-installed.  I have a
couple questions.

1) Has anyone had any luck installing GNURadio under Vista using Cygwin or
MinGW method?
2) Are there any performance issues running GNURadio under windows (XP or
Vista) as opposed to Linux?

Thanks!

Kevin