RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Default FPGA I/O standard

From: Bahn William L Civ USAFA/DFCS
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Default FPGA I/O standard
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:15:08 -0600

They're the same only different.

For most purposes, the differences don't matter too much. The biggest
difference is in the output drive capability. LVTTL outputs are required to be
able to source/sink 2mA while remaining compliant while LVCMOS outputs are only
required to source/sink 100uA.

For those interested in the "official" word, refer to the actual JEDEC standard:

http://www.jedec.org/download/search/jesd8c.pdf