[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem: Package fftw3f was not found in the pkg-conf

From: Tomek
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem: Package fftw3f was not found in the pkg-config
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:59:53 +0200

Hello!

I´m new to GNU Radio. I´m working on a project now and trying to get it to
compile. I´m using cygwin and followed the "Installing GNU Radio with Cygwin "
instruction step-by-step. The only problem i hade on the way was with wxPython
because i tried the 2.8.6.0 and the instructions are for version 2.8.0.1 and i
am missing the config.patch file in the 2.8.6.0 version.

Anyhow...i tried it despide my failure with wxPython because the instruction
sais it is not necessary. Everything else was fine and worked. Now i tried to
configure gnuradio 3.0.4 and i get the following message:

"
checking for fftw >= 3.0... Package fftw3f was not found in the pkg-config
search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing 'fftw3f.pc' to the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH enviroment variable No package 'fftw3f' found
configure: error: Libary requirements (fftw3f >= 3.0) not met; consider
adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH enviroment variable if you libaries are in a
nonstander prefix so pkg-config can find tham.
"

soooo....what do i have to do? edit the PKR_CONFIG_PATH? I googled and found
out it FC5 could be the answer but FC5 installatin isw not explained in the
cygwin instruction (http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/FC5Install) so anybody can
give me a hint?

thx!

Tomek